Friday 29 April 2016

Snapped


Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos

A jaunt out around the new parish, followed by a league game in the evening.  

Despite it being the end of April, there had been overnight snow.


We'd headed along to Hebden Bridge, then the bus up to the guide pub at Heptonstall, with the snow more evident.


Mad Dai was having his first visit, which means he was taking shit photos of everything


When I said everything.


I meant everything.


Moving on to Elland and niche catering at the Tap and Barrel.


Like I said.  Everything.


Coincidentally, Mike has also just got a job in Leeds, so joined up with us after work.

For some reason, Dai was leading the way to the ground.  I have done the walk many times, and I have never been this way.


Huddersfield and Leeds finished second and first last season, but going into this game, they wee the bottom two teams.


Although I have been to the ground a few times previously, but not since its last four re names and not since the fourth stand was built.  In fact, I think the last time I was here, Neil Warnock was Huddersfield manager.


Leeds were bloody awful, and Huddersfield were winning.  However, late in the second half Leeds scored a couple of trys and looked like they had the win.  However, on came big Eorl Crabtree who inspired two trys in the last two minutes for the home side to triumph in a lively game.




No comments:

Post a Comment