Friday 12 August 2016

Oval-Teens


England v Pakistan

A lot of my live cricket watching used to be just going to test matches and getting absolutely hammered.  However my preference these days is most definitely county championship or low key one day games (I cannot stand T20).  So my visits to Internationals these days is very limited.  This year it was a single day at the Oval in the Pakistan series.



If England are playing, I do prefer to watch them batting.  So sure enough, I got to watch a whole day of them fielding.  Pakistan started one wicket down, by tea they still had seven wickets intact.


If there are two things that annoy me at cricket, it is people stood up during play, and people constantly shouting down mobiles.  If there is a third thing, it is when moderately shit Ex-England captain and current mundane TV commentators think they are immune from my ire.


As tickets now cost 80 quid, I wanted to watch the game rather than get battered.  However, the majority of the crowd seemed to be teenagers enjoying my previous viewing habits, which combined with insipid bowling, meant I left with 15 minutes of play still to go.  


As I walked around the ground, I got to hear the cheers of three tickets being taken, though on the plus side, I was on the last train from Kings Cross before a fatality at Grantham shut the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment